Dye on Silk Painting Workshop with Nancy Dunlop Cawdrey July 5 - 6, 2023Regular price $541.00
Dye on Silk Painting Workshop with Nancy Dunlop Cawdrey July 5 - 6, 2023
WHEN: July 5 - 6, 2023. Class all day Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: O'Shaughnessy Center Conference Room, 1 Central Ave, Whitefish, MT
WHY: To learn the basics of silk painting, and share various techniques with participants
COST: $386 (inc. 3% Whitefish Resort Tax), $200 of which is a non-refundable but transferable deposit. If a client needs to cancel, they can do so up until June 14th to receive a $186 refund. We will credit the client's account with a $200 deposit toward a future workshop.
CANCELLATION: If we do not reach a minimum of 10 students for the class, we will cancel the class and refund full payments.
WHO: All levels--this class is for all experience levels, with personalized instruction. Minimum age 16 (with approval). Maximum class size of 15 for hands-on assistance and instruction.
INSTRUCTORS: Nancy Dunlop Cawdrey and Morgan Cawdrey. (See details below)
Course description: This will be a fun exploratory class using various ancient and modern applications in silk painting, including gold and clear gutta resist, “no flow” technique, wet-on-wet, dry brush, washes, detailing, and so forth. Nancy and Morgan will do short demonstrations to show the various techniques and sequences of silk painting, step by step. As in all water media, light to dark application of dye is important. We will learn the rules and then encourage participants to “break” the rules to achieve their own unique style. There will be opportunities to learn from each other.
Materials will be provided, although participants are welcome to bring their own supplies, including silk, dyes, gutta, stretcher bars, and other mixed media they would like to try (India/Chinese inks, acrylic inks, etc). Participants are encouraged to bring some simple drawings/ideas to paint (butterflies, animals, sky photos, flowers). The format size will be 8" x 10" and 6" x 6"—please size your drawings before arrival. Nancy has various resource materials available on-site, and some small frames to check out the presentation of small silk paintings.
Please complete payment information including phone number, mailing address, and when we receive payment we will confirm your spot by email. Act soon, as the class is filling up quickly. Thanks for your interest!
How It Works
Become a Member
- You must create an account to join the Collectors Club.
- Create an account or log in here
- Join the Cawdrey Gallery Collectors Club here
- Discounts are automatically applied at check out.
- Members receive 25% off Cawdrey Gallery merchandise and Nancy Dunlop Cawdrey Merchandise including lithographs, and greeting cards.
- Members also receive 10% off original art and giclées from represented artists at Cawdrey Gallery.
- Members are cordially invited to attend special previews of new art and early access to opening receptions at Cawdrey Gallery.
- Members receive a sign-up gift that includes a physical Membership Card.
- Members also receive gifts throughout the year that include various special items courtesy of Cawdrey Gallery and Nancy Dunlop Cawdrey.
- Members must present their physical Membership Card to receive discounts and specials in-person at Cawdrey Gallery.
Manage Your Membership
Members can update and change their contact and billing information at any time.
Members can Pause or Cancel their membership at any time.
Membership is automatically billed once per year.